January 16, 2007

Introduction - Welcome

This is a forum for those who want to come and learn about God. It is not a structured bible study per se, though I will target a specific book to study through. But it is by no means a classroom, or even a Sunday school. The fireside is a place for you to pull up a comfy chair, or perhaps sit on the floor, and soak in the wisdom of God’s teaching. You might even imagine The Lord sitting beside you, or you sitting at his feet. The point of which is to draw the believer into a place that is inviting, a place where you want to come and meet with the Lord.
Of course this study is also different because you can provide input as well. In fact, I encourage your input. As we study the Word together the Spirit will speak to us differently, and I believe that we should explore the questions in our hearts. It is God answering these questions that will build our faith, and also build that grounded relationship with Him for which all believers yearn.
And with that, I leave you with the words of our Lord Jesus:
"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My load is light."

No comments: